How To....Do A Strand Test
A rought guide to doing a strand test would be:
- Snip a few hairs from the back or your head (or any other area where it won't be noticed).
- Secure the hairs using tape.
- Coat these hairs with the Special Effects or Manic Panic Dye (or alternatively dip the hair into the bottle of dye to cover it).
- Follow the instructions on the hair dye packet as to length of time to leave dye on the hair and then rinse as normal.
- If you normally shampoo / condition hair after dyeing it then you should to the same with this strand test to see more realistic results.
- After this you should examine the strand fully to check for any damage / colour inconsistency etc.
- If you are happy with the results then proceed with using your hair dye as normal.
NOTE - you should never use these semi-permanent hair dyes on hair that has been conditioned as this can prevent the hair dye 'sticking' to the hair.
Beeunique are not trained hair professionals
These pages should be treated as a guide only